Hot Springs Library Board of Trustees
September 20, 2023
Present: Board members Jane Farrell, Gary Merkel, Cheryl Huddleston, Mary Kay Thompson, John Gregory, and Mary Terrones.
Meeting called to order at 6:15 p.m. by Jane Farrell, Board Chair.
Minutes Approved: Moved by Huddleston, seconded by Gregory.
Library Director’s Report:
- Amick Sound replace alarm panel $1,305. Moved by Thompson, second by Merkel.
- Friends of the Library donated $17,370 to replace and upgrade 9 patron computers.
• Motion to thank the Friends by Huddleston, seconded by Gregory.
- Upcoming Conferences:
• 2023 SDLA Annual Conference (Rapid City) Sept 27-29
• Close for lunch breaks Thursday & Friday 1-2:30 p.m. due to staff shortage. Motion by Merkel, seconded by Thompson.
• Regional Library Training - Policies (Sturgis) Oct, 13, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Farrell, Thompson, Huddleston, and Terrones registered.
- Fall Story Time Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Holiday Closures:
• Oct 7-9 (Sat–Mon) Columbus/Native American Day. Moved by Thompson, seconded by Gregory.
Purchase Orders: $1968.95. Moved by Gregory, seconded by Merkel.
Motion to adjourn meeting by Thompson, seconded by Huddleston.
Mary Terrones, Library Director
Jane Farrell, President
Published once at the total approximate cost of $23.10
and can be viewed free of charge at www.sdpublicnotices.com
Published: Nov. 2, 2023