FALL RIVER WATER USERS DISTRICT
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, July 11, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, SD 57766
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Josh Rickenbach, Carl Sanders, Dennis Quivey, Matt Dunbar and Cam Seger. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
President Seger called the meeting to order.
Motion by Sanders to approve the Agenda with additions. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Chairman Seger called for Conflicts of Interest. There were none.
Motion by Dunbar to approve minutes from Regular Meeting, June 13, 2023. Seconded by Quivey.
Chairman Seger called for Public Comments. There were none.
Motion by Rickenbach to approve Treasurers Report and payment of bills in the amount of $81,593.59 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Quivey.
WATER SERVICE FUND: Black Hills Electric Coop, $5,419.08, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,134.46, Electricity; Bomgaars, $554.74, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $43.46, Garbage Service; City of Hot Springs, $13,805.78, Water Purchase; Conger Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Core and Main, $4,124.47, Maints/Supplies; Croell, $162.18, Maints; Culligan, $26.13, Office Supplies; Davidson, Jeff, $98.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $1,765.50, RDLoan Fairburn Well Payment; Dunbar, Matt, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; DSG, $206.18, Supples; Fall River Auto Supply, $83.47, Supplies; Fall River Herald, $112.86, Publications; First Interstate Bank, $1,354.64, Office Supplies; First Interstate Bank, $204.52, Fuel; First Interstate Bank, $103.99, Maints.; First Interstate Bank, $49.63, Supplies; Golden West Telecom, $555.06, Telephone; Hot Springs Ace Hardware, $171.81, Maints.; IRS, $334.88, Late Fee; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,254.01, Fuel; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $381.20, Maints.; Payroll, $22,632.16, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution and Tax, $2,822.22, Employer Cont.; Rickenback, Josh, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Sanders, Carl, $66.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Seger, Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; South Dakota One Call, $43.68, Dues; USA Bluebook, $311.39, Supplies; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $97.46, Phone Services; Wellmark, $1,265.17, Insurance; Xerox, $188.87, Office Supplies; Total: $81,593.59
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We got the SW tanks cleaned and inspected. Anodes looked good enough to make another year.
2) We moved one of the frac tanks to Angostura to take that tank down and get some seal and anode work completed. We are waiting for the sealer to show up and have a cooler day.
3) American Engineering and Testing dug the subsurface test holes for the tank sites and pump station on Downen Rd and Burnt Wood Creek Road.
4) I have been working with Custer County planning and zoning concerning the tanks and buildings with the expansion project.
5) We hauled a couple of loads of gravel and patched the road crossings on Downen/Rd. Sprayed weeds and did some trench cleanup.
6) Garrett has been exercising valves and working on meter pits.
7) We may have a small leak around the Angostura area and Mark’s checking pits for the leak.
8) The new pickup we ordered should be here in the next few months.
9) We plan to start repairing valves with problems and working on meter pit protection structures this month.
10) We now have two meter pits to install on Watts Lane.
11) Water usage for the month.
12) Miles/Gallons for the month.
1) Motion by Rickenbach to approve the transfer from Cliff Reder to Harold Kerr at 13383 Sunset Lane. Seconded by Dunbar.
2) Motion by Quivey to approve the application for service by High Country Erectors at 27992 House Boat Dr/Lot 10 and transfer to Auderee Schoenrock. Seconded by Sanders.
3) Motion by Rickenbach to approve Floyd Savaageou application for service at 28284 Cove Road. Seconded by Dunbar.
4) Motion by Quivey to approve Pam Bogart application for service pending payment and paperwork. Seconded by Rickenbach.
1) Motion by Dunbar to go ahead with Casey Davis Development plans to build pipeline to development per FRWUD Specs. Seconded by Sanders.
2) No updates on FRWUD Policy.
Went into Executive Session at 2:07 p.m. and came out at 2:17 p.m.
Moton by Quivey for Adjournment. Seconded by Dunbar.
Published once at the total approximate cost of $64.68
and can be viewed free of charge at www.sdpublicnotices.com
Published: Aug. 31, 2023