Fall River Water Users District
Board Of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 9:00 a.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, Sd 57766
Chairman Seger called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Cam Seger, Lesta Conger, Jeff Davidson, Josh Rickenbach, Carl Sanders, Dennis Quivey and Matt Dunbar. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer and Dan Nebelsick.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Chairman Seger called the meeting to order.
Motion by Quivery to approve the Agenda with additions. Seconded by Sanders.
Chairman Seger called for Conflicts of Interest. There was none.
Motion by Seger and seconded by Sanders to approve the minutes of the August 9, 2022, Regular meeting.
Chairman Seger called for Public Comments.
Motion by Quivey to approve Treasurers Report and payment of bills in the amount of $101,056.24 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Water Service Fund: Badger, $2,689.62, Dues/Supplies; Black Hills Electric Coop, $4,831.37, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,179.34, Electricity; Bomgaars, $17.36, Maint.; Builders First Source, $38.08, Maint.; Cheyenne Sanitation, $43.46, Garbage Service; Congar, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; City of Hot Springs, $42,537.10, Water Purchase; Core and Main, $4,128.52, Maints/Supplies; Culligan, $26.13, Office Supplies; Davidson, Jeff, $98.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $1,765.50, RDLoan Fairburn Well Payment ; Donna Denker & Associates, $220.00, Accouting; Dunbar, Matt, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance; Fall River Auto Supply, $10.04, Maints.; First Interstate Bank, $99.40, Fuel; First Interstate Bank, $68.68, Office Supplies; First Interstate Bank, $584.83, Maints/Supplies; Golden West Telecom, $553.84, Telephone; Hot Springs Ace, $123.68, Supplies; Mid Continent, $69.00, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,281.83, Fuel; Payroll, $13,718.37, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; SD One Call, $57.12, Dues; Retirement Contribution and Tax, $1,758.14, Employer Cont.; Rickenbach, Josh, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Sanders, Carl, $66.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Seger, Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; USA Bluebook, $325.28, Supplies; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $84.81, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,349.99, Ines.; Xerox, $120.16, Office Supplies; Total: $101,056.24
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) Manager Neugebauer has met or talked to all landowners along the proposed pipeline route/updated the map showing the current cooperation.
2) We have been working on finishing the endpoint replacements with 63 left to replace.
3) The pipe fuser hasn’t come in to rent from DSG to finish the Downen Road pipeline but is scheduled to be in by the end of this week.
4) We replaced a flush hydrant at the end of Commodore Road in the South Shore Estates.
5) Jerry Painted the city vault and really has it looking a lot nicer.
6) Water usage for the month.
7) Miles/Gallons for the month.
1) Motion by Dunbar to approve agreement with DGR Engineering for professional services for Fairburn Water Source Project and authorize Chairman Seger to sign agreement. Seconded by Rickenbach.
2) DGR Engineer Dan Nebelsick discussed with the FRWUD board about the Fairburn Well Connection Project updates.
3) FRWUD board discussed the current application for service process and policy. The board tabled any action till a new Hydraulic model was drawn up by our engineers.
4) Discussed First Interstate Bank updates. Tabled till next meeting.
5) Motion by Quivey to give Chairman Seger authorization to sign letter of engagement with Fenenga and DeSmet for Audit. Seconded by Rickenbach.
6) Motion by Rickenbach to approve transfer of service from Don Vogle to Bruce Kraemer at 28279 Angostura Road. Seconded by Dunbar.
7) Motion by Davidson to approve transfer of service from First Interstate Bank to The Rocking E (Wade Edgar). Seconded by Rickenbach.
8) Motion by Quivey to approve transfer of service from Clarice Sylvester to Sandra Bush at 27619 Timber Road. Seconded by Seger.
9) Motion by Seger to approve application for service from Dustin James at Hillsview Drive. Seconded by Davidson.
1) Working on North Area Petition Area
2) Visited about West South Shore Road Expansion.
Motion by Rickenbach to go into Executive Session at 11:14 a.m. Seconded by Davidson.
Came out of Executive Session at 11:23 a.m.
Moton by Davidson for Adjournment. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Published once at the total approximate cost of $66.66
and can be viewed free of charge at www.sdpublicnotices.com
Published: Nov. 24, 2022