Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room, Oral, SD 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Cam Seger, Lesta Conger, Ron Trent, Jeff Davidson, Mick Jenniges, Josh Rickenbach and Dennis Quivey. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer and guest John Emick.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the Agenda. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There was none.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, October 13, 2020. Seconded by Seger.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Trent to approve Treasurers Report and payment of bills in the amount of $64,708.14 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Davidson.
Water Service Fund: Badger, Dues/Supplies; Banyon Data Systems, $795.00, Dues; Black Hills Electric Coop, $2,795.24, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,065.15, Electricity; Bomgaars, $303.01, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; City of Hot Springs, $4,145.41, Water Purchases; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Core & Main, $360.32, Supplies; Culligan, $31.88, Office Supplies; Custer-Fall River Regional Waste, $29.68, Maint.; Davidson, Jeff, $88.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Dearborn Group, $44.10, Ins.; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $1,765.50, RDLoan Fairburn Well Payment; Donna Denker & Associates, $201.00, Accounting; Engineering Associates, $8,847.01, Fairburn Well Project; Fall River Auto Supply, $224.17, Maint.; Golden West Telecom, $562.90, Telephone; Hot Springs Ace Hardware, $358.96, Supplies; Jenniges Mick, $61.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Metering & Technology Solutions, $2,535.09, Maint. / 1425.33 Last Month; Mid Continent, $70.00, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,534.51, Fuel/Propane; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $910.28, Supplies; Payroll, $11,864.02, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,541.00, Contribution Tax; Rickenbach, Josh, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Seger, Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; South Dakota One Call, $33.60, Maint.; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $84.73, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,214.13, Dues; Xerox, $53.40, Dues; Total: $64,708.14
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) Anna DeSmet completed the onsite audit work.
2) We installed the new meter in the south well and seems to be reporting accurately.
3) There was a small leak developing in the control vault to the Buffalo Gap storage tank/ turned out to be a rusted out nipple welded to the pipe. The guys are installing and repairing pipe.
4) We found a leak and repaired it at the DOT Meter pit that was leaking 5,000 gallons a day.
5) I attended the quarterly Rural Water Managers Meeting in Deadwood on Oct. 30.
a. Joint efforts safety manual.
b. Cooperative purchasing
c. MEWA ( Multi-Employer Welfare Arrangement)
d. On-Call Updates
e. Legislative Preview
f. West River Missouri River Pipeline
g. Backflow Prevention
6) The scada panel at the Oelrichs water tank was falling over. We installed new steel support and remounted the panel.
7) Water Usage for the month.
8) Miles / Gallons for the month.
1) Motion by Rickenbach to approve 2021 Budget. Seconded by Seger.
2) Motion by Jenniges to approve Engineering Associates report to complete Prelimary Engineering Report for Fairburn Well. Seconded by Trent.
3) Motion by Jenniges to approve increase in salary for Fall River Water Users District employees, Jerry Robbinson and Mark Siebenthal by $1.00 and Misti Cantrell by $.55. Manager Neugebauer will be increased by 2% based on his present salary. Effective January 2021. Seconded by Rickenbach.
1) Motion by Seger to approve revisions to City Water Contract and sent back to city. Seconded by Trent.
Motion to go into Executive session at 2:07 p.m. by Jenniges. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Out of Executive session at 2:43 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Jenniges and seconded by Seger.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $60.48
Published: Dec. 17, 2020