Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, S.D. 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Dennis Quivey, Cam Seger, Josh Rickenbach, Mick Jenniges, Jim Ginsbach and Ron Trent. Others present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Motion by Seger to approve the Agenda. Seconded by Jenniges.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There were none.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, November 13, 2018. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Rickenbach to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $68,800.10 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Ginsbach.
Water Service Fund: Badger, $1,520.48, Dues; Black Hills Electric Coop, $1,063.07, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,093.46, Electricity; Builders 1st Source, $68.97, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Core & Main, $3,500.84, Supplies; Culligan, $18.29, Office Supplies; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan - Swell pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan North Expansion pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-NWell-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Donna Denker & Associates, $667.68, Accounting; Engineering Associates, $3,052.80, Fairburn Project; FRWUD Vehicle Replacement, Fund $12,000.00, Replacement Fund; First Interstate Master Card, $8.47, Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $71.50, Auto Fuel; First Interstate Master Card, $106.41, Room & Board; Golden West Telecom, $562.28, Phone Services; Grainger, $81.20, Maint.; Hot Springs Ace Hardware, $48.02, Supplies; IDT, $270.00, Dues; Jennings Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Meter Technology Solutions, $3,410.43, Manit.; Mid content, $60.85, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $596.11, Fuel; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,384.00, Propane; Payroll, $11,768.44, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,606.40, Fees; Josh Rickenback, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; SD Department of Environment, $24.00, Fees; Seger, Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; SD one Call, $38.08, Fees; Trent, Ron, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Upper Missouri Water Association, $145.00, Dues; Weller Electric, $2,099.97, Pleasant Ridge Work; Verizon, $80.38, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,675.80, Insurance; Xerox, $48.12, Maint; 2 Shoes Enterprises LLC, $408.00, Labor; Total: $68,800.10
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We got the Older SW Storage Tank drained and resealed two weeks ago. It is still empty and waiting on the sealer to fully cure.
2) We installed the Wittenberg and Rutter’s meter pits East of Oral last month. Their applications and meter fees were paid a few years ago and hadn’t been hooked up yet.
3) We found a suspected leak in the Clear Water Lake Development and had it dug up last week. We didn’t find a leak but cut the pipe and pressure tested to determine which side of the suspected location to keep an eye on.
4) SDAWRS Annual meeting is January 8, 9 and 10, 2019.
5) Reported miles driven and gallons of fuel used on District vehicles.
6) Reported water usage for November.
1) Motion by Jenniges to table 2017 Audit approval till we receive final review from State. Seconded by Rickenbach.
2) Motion by Jenniges to combined the FRWUD Annual and Regular meeting to January 22, 2019 at 1:00 pm at Oral School building. Seconded by Rickenbach.
3) Motion by Jenniges to approve 2019 budget as amended. Seconded by Seger.
4) Motion by Jenniges to table Will Isham item till we determine if we have the capacity. Seconded by Ginsbach.
5) Motion by Jenniges to approve purchase of sealer for the West Oelrichs Tank. Seconded by Rickenbach.
1) No action on the Grady Lockhart Application for service.
2) No action on the Nebraska State Line Extension.
3) No action on the North Well Pump Replacement.
Motion to go into Executive session at 2:22 by Trent. Seconded by Jenniges.
Out of Executive session at 2:30 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Rickenbach and seconded by Seger.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $56.07
Published: April 2, 2020