Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, Sd 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Dennis Quivey, Mick Jenniges, Ron Trent, Josh Rickenbach and Jim Ginsbach. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the Agenda with additions. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest.
Motion by Ginsbach to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, June 11, 2019. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Rickenbach to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $54,169.40 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Ginsbach.
WATER SERVICE FUND: Badger, $461.30, Dues; Black Hills Electric Coop, $1,526.08, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $2,797.28, Electricity; Builders First Source, $157.65, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; Core & Main, $472.22, Maint.; Culligan, $25.09, Office Supplies; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Donna Decker & Associates, $576.50, Accounting; DGR Engineering, $210.00, Maint.; First American Title Company of S.D., $789.47, Fairburn Well; First Interstate Master Card, $246.41, Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $422.04, Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $673.60, USPS; First Interstate Master Card, $2.96, International Trans. Fee; Ginsbach, Jim, $88.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Golden West Telecom, $584.43, Telephone; Grainger, $134.81, Maint.; IDT, $270.00, Dues; Jenniges Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Metering & Technology, $2,434.63, Supplies; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,227.91, Fuel; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $983.26, Supplies; Northwest Power Equipment, $128.96, Maint.; Office Depot, Inc., $147.96, Office Supplies; Payroll, $12,451.94, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,705.05, Contribation Tax; South Dakota One Call, $44.80, Maint.; Segar Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Trent, Ron, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; USA Blue Book, $206.28, Supplies;
Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $84.51, Phone Services; Wellmark, $3,133.08, Insurance; Wynia, $1,902.69, Maint.; Xerox, $117.44, Dues; Total: $54,169.40
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We completed pushing 1 ½ inch CTS Poly Pipe through the 2 inch pipe at the road crossing near Horsehead Road.
2) The portable storage tank at Pleasant Ridge Road is in service.
3) Fenenga, DeSmet & Company, LLC completed our Audit last week and will have our Debt Forecast done today or tomorrow to forward to the bond council on the loan for the Fairburn Well. Rural Development has agreed to our contract documents and give us the authorization to advertise to bid.
4) We had leaks on both side of road by Cheyenne River Bridge.
5) We purchased and installed two 36 foot culverts and tow 4 foot culverts of the landowners across French Creek to access the future well site.
6) We have a pre-bid walkthrough July 17 and Bid Opening Scheduled for August 1 for the Fairburn Well.
7) Miles and gallons reported.
8) Water Usage for month.
1) Motion by Jenniges to approve Robbie Dyer application for service at Pebble Ct. Seconded by Ginsbach.
2) Motion by Trent to approve transfer of service from Dyer to Randy Constant at 23284 Pebble Ct. Seconded by Jenniges.
3) Fairburn Well Project Bid letting/opening August 8 at 2:00 p.m. at FRWUD Office.
4) Motion by Rickenbach to authorize Board Chairman to sign final engineering contract. Seconded by Trent.
5) Discussion on purchase of pipe to replace section south of Cheyenne River. Will review at next meeting.
Motion to go into Executive session at 1:47 p.m. by Jenniges. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Out of Executive session at 1:57 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Rickenbach and seconded by Ginsbach.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $55.44
Published: Oct. 17, 2019