Fall River Water Users District
Board Of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, Sd 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Cam Seger, Dennis Quivey, Mick Jenniges, Ron Trent, Josh Rickenbach and Jim Ginsbach. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Motion by Trent to approve the Agenda with correction. Seconded by Ginsbach.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There were none.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, July 9, 2019 with corrections. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Seger to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $86,992.27 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Water Service Fund: Badger, $461.30, Dues; Bangs.McCullen, Butler,Foye&Simmons, $800.00, Fairburn Well; Black Hills Electric Coop, $1,978.87, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,078.96, Electricity; Builders First Source, $102.84, Supplies; Cantrell, Misti, $146.95, Rebustment for Printer; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; City of Hot Springs, $10,395.00, Water; Core & Main, $8,838.77, Maint.; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Culligan, $11.50, Office Supplies; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Donna Decker & Associates, $1,477.50, Accounting; DSG, $79.96, Maint.; Engineering Associates, $2,289.60, Fairburn Well – Engineering; Fenenga,DeSmet, & Company LLC, $1,411.13, Fairburn Well – Other; First Interstate Master Card, $470.25, Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $133.93, Repairs Equipment; First Interstate Master Card, $9.55, USPS; First Interstate Master Card, $27.50, Auto Fuel; Ginsbach, Jim, $88.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Golden West Telecom, $577.11, Telephone; Herald, $177.99, Publication; Hot Spring Ace Hardware, $129.69, Maint.;
IDT, $270.00, Dues; Jenniges Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Marsh & McLennan, $143.00, Insurance; Mid Continent, $55.00, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $1,150.63, Fuel; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $13,741.75, Supplies; Payroll, $12,494.64, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,705.52, Contribation Tax; Rickenback, Josh, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Risk Administration Services, $1,250.00, Insurance; South Dakota One Call, $106.40, Maint.; South Dakota Federal Protery Agency, $90.00, Supplies; Trent, Ron, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $84.72, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,933.75, Insurance; Xerox, $49.41, Dues; Total: $86,992.27
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We assisted with completing the mainline extension in the Smithwick Development.
2) Grady Lockhart finished trenching the line extension to his property last week. We should have the PRV completed along with the line connection this week.
3) We had another leak in the Clearwater Lake Estates Development at a glued T. We dug up and replaced /capped 3 other potential leak spots and still have 2 left to complete.
4) The flooding in Custer plugged up our culverts to the Fairburn well site and caused some water to run over them. It didn’t wash them out or cause any major damage considering this was called a 100 year flood. I hope to get the backhoe back up there by the end of the week and clear the rubble and do a little dirt work.
5) Bids were received and opened last week for the Fairburn Well Project.
6) I have been talking to the City of Hot Springs about our contract and have a meeting with public works today.
7) Miles and gallons reported.
8) Water Usage for month.
1) Motion by Seger to approve application for service for Larry and Susan Heil at 28282 Angostura Road. Seconded by Rickenbach.
2) Motion b Jenniges to approve application for service for Kenneth and Nancy Meisner at 28280 Angostura Road. Seconded by Trent.
3) Motion by Jenniges to approve application for service for Thomas and Linda Spencer at 28349 Buckhorn Way. Seconded by Rickenbach.
4) Motion by Rickenbach to approve application for service for Curtis Buchholz. Seconded by Jenniges.
5) Motion by Seger to approve transfer from Danny Berg to Paul and Kathy Gubka at 13328 Spruce Drive. Seconded by Trent.
6) Board member Jenniges presented Rural Development Resolution 2019-01 to the board. Motion by Jenniges to pass resolution 2019-01 and authorize board president to sign resolution. Seconded by Ginsbach.
7) Jenniges made motion to approve Rural Development Resolution 2019-02 and authorize board president to sign legal services agreement with Meierhenry Sargent, LLP. Second by Ginsbach.
8) FRWUD/Owner Recommendation of Award to Water Systems Drilling Inc. for construction of Fairburn Area Madison Well Project for $674,091.74. Motion by Rickenbach to approve and Seconded by Seger.
9) More Information about Buffalo Gap water system.
10) Motion by Ginsbach to approve Audit report from Fenenga, DeSmet & Company, LLC and authorize Board Chairman to sign. Seconded by Trent.
1) Visited about Cheyenne River pipe replacement.
Motion to go into Executive session at 2:04 p.m. by Rickenbach. Seconded by Seger.
Out of Executive session at 2:16 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Rickenbach and seconded by Seger.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $71.82
Published: Oct. 17, 2019