Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, SD 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Dennis Quivey, Cam Seger, Josh Rickenbach, Mick Jenniges and Ron Trent. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the Agenda with additions. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There were none.
Motion by Seger to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, October 9, 2018. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Trent to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $60,963.20 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Water Service Fund: Badger, $1,517.34, Dues; Black Hills Electric Coop, $2,061.17, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $857.43, Electricity; Builders 1st Source, $12.76, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Core & Main, $3,783.98, Supplies; Culligan, $18.29, Office Supplies; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan - Swell pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan North Expansion pymt; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-NWell-pymt; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Donna Denker & Associates, $1,596.00, Accounting; Engineering Associates, $992.16, Fairburn Project; Fall River Auto Supply, $234.85, Supplies; Fall River County Herald, $69.30, Publications; First Interstate Master Card, $60.91; Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $201.39; Maint.; First Interstate Master Card, $40.00; Auto Repairs; First Interstate Master Card, $442.48; Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $58.47; USPS; Gardner Structures, $2,709.19; Fall River Rd. & Flush Hydrant; Golden West Telecom, $566.02; Phone Services; Grainger, $1,363.36; Maint.; Ginsback, Jim, $88.00; Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Hawkings, $1,033.77; Chlorine; Hot Springs Ace Hardware, $91.89; Supplies; IDT, $270.00; Dues; Meter Technology Solutions, $1,775.39; Manit.; Mid content, $498.00; Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $713.58; Fuel; Oral Fire Department, $2,500.00; Rent; Payroll, $12,307.48; Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00; Board Meeting Attendance Fees; South Dakota Retirement System, $120.53; Fees; SD Federal Property Agency, $150.00; Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,679.99; Fees; Seger, Cam, $90.00; Board Meeting Attendance Fees; SD one Call, $47.04; Fees; Trent, Ron, $71.00; Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Turbiville Industrial Elect., $1,051.75; Maint.; USA Blue Book, $175.63; Supplies Maint.; USDA Forrest Service, $898.30; Permitted Land Use 2019; Verizon, $80.26; Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,691.02; Insurance; Xerox, $35.42; Office; Total: $60,963.20
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We moved our portable storage tank up to Angostura, drained and completed the resealing of the Angostura Tank.
2) Manager Neugebauer checked with Custer County Planning concerning drilling the new well we don’t need any building permit or grading permits for that project. We will need a permit if we construct a well house on the site but we aren’t to that phase yet.
3) John Wetstein is working on the contract documents for the well. Should be completed by this week.
4) Reported miles driven and gallons of fuel used on District vehicles.
1) Motion by Jenniges to approve transfer of Dale Anderson Meter B to Martin Miller. Seconded by Seger.
2) Motion by Jenniges to approve transfer of Bert Bogner Meter A to Bobbie Alexander. Seconded by Rickenbach.
3) Moton by Rickenbach to give Manager Neugebauer approval of $3000 to purchase re-sealer and supplies for SW Storage Tank. Seconded by Jenniges
4) Motion by Rickenbach to pay Angostura Tank seal bill of $19,638 from Savings account. Seconded by Seger.
1) No action on the Grady Lockhart Application for service.
2) No action on the Nebraska State Line Extension.
3) No action on the North Well Pump Replacement.
4) Motion by Rickenbach to increase Clinton Lockhart salary by 8 percent per hour. Seconded by Seger.
Motion to go into Executive session at 2:02 p.m. by Trent. Seconded by Seger.
Out of Executive session at 2:13 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Rickenbach and seconded by Jenniges.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $56.70
Published: Jan. 17, 2019