Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, September 9, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, SD 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Cam Seger, Dennis Quivey, Mick Jenniges, Josh Rickenbach and Ron Trent. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Motion by Jenniges to approve the Agenda. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There were none.
Motion by Seger to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, August 8, 2019. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for public comments. There were none.
Motion by Trent to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of the following bills from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Seger
Water Service Fund: Badger, $463.16, Dues; Black Hills Electric Coop, $2,312.60, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,400.67, Electricity; CarQuest, $38.95, Supplies; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; City of Hot Springs, $11,365.20, Water; Core & Main, $4,716.71, Maint.; Conger, Lesta, $78.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Culligan, $25.08, Office Supplies; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt ; DGR, $105.00, Engineering; Engineering Associates, $5,681.36, Fairburn Well – Engineering; First Interstate Master Card, $26.57, Office Supplies; First Interstate Master Card, $674.66, USPS; First Interstate Master Card, $97.22, Auto Fuel; Ginsbach, Jim, $88.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Golden West Telecom, $575.45, Telephone; Great Western Tire, $1,013.20, Maint.; Grainger, $501.58, Supplies; Hawkins, $740.50, Supplies; Hot Spring Ace Hardware, $15.17, Maint.; IDT, $270.00, Dues; Jenniges Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; J&D Precast, $330.15, Maint.; Maverick Tire & Auto, $354.68, Maint.; Meter & Technology, $3,710.50, Maint.; Mid Continent, $277.00, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $987.70, Fuel; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $1,473.25, Supplies; Payroll, $13,737.22, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $2,500.97, Contribation Tax; Rickenback, Josh, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Segar Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; South Dakota One Call, $96.32, Maint.; South Dakota Federal Prudery Agency, $90.00, Supplies; South Dakota Retirement, $76.22, Fee; Trent, Ron, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; USA Blue Book, $213.33, Maint.; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $85.34, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,734.42, Insurance; Xerox, $57.05, Dues; Total: $79,156.28
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We are waiting on concurrence from Rural Development on the Fairburn Well project to proceed with making the award. RD has 60 days to review so it could be as late as October 8th for approval.
2) Rural Development changed the Letter of Conditions to reflect a lower interest rate of 2.75 percent and a payment of $1,741 vs. 3.125 percent and a payment of $1,852. This required a redo of the preliminary bond transcripts.
3) A leak east of Oral was repaired.
4) The French Creek crossing has been repaired.
5) 15 endpoints have been repaired in the last month.
6) Meetings with the City of Hot Springs have yielded little progress on rate agreement.
7) Keith provided an updated water quality report for the Fairburn Well project.
1) Motion by Jenniges to approve Brenda Rossow application for service at 13208 Hills View Dr. Seconded by Seger.
2) Motion by Trent to approve Tracy Romey Application for Service. Seconded by Rickenbach
1) Discussed Cheyenne River-South pipe replacement options.
Motion to go into Executive session at 1:55 p.m. by Jenniges. Seconded by Seger
Out of Executive session at 2:11 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Trent at 2:13 p.m. and seconded by Seger.
Cam Seger, board Vice President
Published once at the total approximate cost of $52.92
Published: Nov. 21, 2019