Fall River Water Users District
Board of Directors Regular Meeting
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
District Conference Room
Oral, SD 57766
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Directors Present: Lesta Conger, Mick Jenniges, Dennis Quivey, Ron Trent, Josh Rickenbach and Jim Ginsbach. Others Present: General Manager, Keith Neugebauer.
All motions are considered unanimous unless otherwise stated.
Chairman Quivey called the meeting to order.
Motion by Trent to approve the Agenda with addition. Seconded by Ginsbach.
Chairman Quivey called for Conflicts of Interest. There is one by Ginsbach.
Motion by Rickenbach to approve the minutes of the Regular Meeting, September 9, 2019. Seconded by Trent.
Chairman Quivey called for Public Comments.
Motion by Trent to approve Treasurers Report and approve payment of bills in the amount of $83,004.38 from the Water Service Fund. Seconded by Rickenbach.
Water Service Fund: Badger, $475.26, Dues; Bangs,McCullen,Butler,Foye & Simmons, $1,315.00, Fairburn Well - Engineering Legal Fees; Black Hills Electric Coop, $2,312.60, Electricity; Black Hills Energy, $3,092.69, Electricity; Builders First Source, $62.82, Maint.; Cheyenne Sanitation, $38.46, Garbage Service; City of Hot Springs, $7,053.48, Water; Core & Main, $8,616.04, Maint.; Culligan, $25.08, Office Supplies; Dakota Pump, $509.52, Maint.; Debt Service Fund, $4,060.00, RDLoan-Swell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,438.00, RDLoan-North Expansion Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $3,163.00, RDLoan-Nwell Pymt.; Debt Service Fund, $4,237.59, SRF Payment; Debt Service Fund, $2,904.00, RDLoan-System Impv-pymt; Donna Decker, $889.90, Accounting Fees; Engineering Associates, $1,369.79, Fairburn Well – Engineering; Fall River Auto Supply, $70.20, Maint.; Fall River County, $1,158.51, 2nd half Taxes; First Interstate Master Card, $906.42, Maint.; First Interstate Master Card, $144.15, USPS; First Interstate Master Card, $32.00, Auto Fuel; Fenenga, DeSmet & Company LLC, $10,000.00, 2018 Audit; Golden West Telecom, $575.22, Telephone; Hot Spring Ace Hardware, $20.17, Maint.; IDT, $270.00, Dues; Stateline Conservation Service, $958.80, Fairburn Well; Jenniges Mick, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Marty’s Auto Body, $80.00, Maint.; Meter & Technology, $1,424.25, Maint.; Mid Continent, $319.00, Testing; Nelson Oil and Gas, $779.15, Fuel; Northwest Pipe Fittings, Inc., $421.74, Supplies; Payroll, $12,178.17, Gross Employee Payroll; Quivey, Dennis, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Retirement Contribution Tax, $1,662.32, Contribation Tax; Rickenback, Josh, $80.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Segar Cam, $90.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; South Dakota One Call, $32.48, Maint.; South Dakota Rural Water, $3,148.00, Dues; Trent, Ron, $71.00, Board Meeting Attendance Fees; Vehicle Replacement Fund, $2,000.00, Replacement fund; Verizon, $85.34, Phone Services; Wellmark, $2,734.42, Insurance; Xerox, $38.81, Dues; Total: $83,004.38
Manager Neugebauer reported to the Board on the following:
1) We finished the road into Fairburn well site. Keith picked up the contract documents from Scott Heimer with Water Systems Drilling and met him at the site to see if there is anything we could do to help out with while the backhoe is still up there.
2) We had another leak South of the Cheyenne River on the East side of the Highway last month.
3) With further testing at the shallow well at our well site on Fall River Road we set a test pump up to do 50 gpm and after 4 hours of pumping the drawdown was 15 feet. The water quality was exceptionally good for a shallow well.
4) We installed meters for Dr. Anderson, Heil, Meisner and Ford last month.
5) The Town of Oelrichs is nearing completion of their system improvements and we will be assisting them with reconnecting the water tower to our water line and relocating the meter into the building.
6) Miles and gallons reported.
7) Water Usage for month.
1) Motion by Jenniges to approve Tim Nayman application for service at 28288 Boaters Blvd. Seconded by Trent.
2) Motion by Rickenbach to approve transfer Ken Sadowski to Brian Webster at 28361 Shoreview Drive. Seconded by Ginsbach.
3) Board member Jenniges presented Rural Development Resolution 2019-01 to the board. Motion by Ginsbach to pass resolution 2019-01 and authorize board president to sign resolution. Seconded by Trent.
4) Jenniges made motion to approve Rural Development Resolution 2019-02 and authorize board president to sign legal services agreement with Meierhenry Sargent, LLP. Second by Ginsbach.
5) Motion by Jenniges to authorize Keith to spend $5,000 to explore test well in Fall River Canyon. Seconded by Rickenbach.
6) Motion by Trent to authorize Chairman Quivey to sign contracts with Water Systems Drilling Ink. Seconded by Ginsbach.
1) Visited about Cheyenne River pipe replacement.
Motion to go into Executive session at 2:04 p.m. by Rickenbach. Seconded by Seger.
Out of Executive session at 2:16 p.m.
Motion to adjourn by Rickenbach and seconded by Seger.
Lesta J. Conger, Board Secretary
Published once at the total approximate cost of $64.26
Published: Nov. 21, 2019